Europe’s leading electric automation technology exhibition SPS IPC Drives continues to grow and attracted a record breaking number of 70,264 visitors and 1,675 exhibitors in 2017.
The German government initiative Industry 4.0 combined with demands on increased internet connectivity resulted in an increased focus on Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) at this year’s SPS IPC Drives exhibition.
The IIoT will revolutionize manufacturing by enabling the acquisition and accessibility of far greater amounts of data, at far greater speeds, and far more efficiently than before.
The main IIoT challenges of reliable and accurate data transfer along the entire value chain of a networked and continuous digital production environment combined with centralized Cloud-based data aggregate where evident throughout the entire exhibition.
This trend increases the demands on high performance motor controls, which was clearly seen in the increased visitor interest generated by the Unjo stand exhibiting motor controls up to 50 kW with optimized performance, customized form factor and HMI.
Customized motor control features generating the most interest at the show:
- Flexible power supply and state-of-the-art battery management
- High speed logic and high torque at low speed
- Smooth and precise handling from zero to full speed
- Locally embedded user interface with either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connections
- Controls with full Industry 4.0 and Industrial Internet of Things flexibility
- Customized motor control units with energy efficient design
“- Our offer of modular high-end and closed-loop semi standard multi motor controls tailored exactly to specific demands continues to generate more and more interest every year since our first participation in 2009”. We look forward to celebrating our 10th SPS IPC anniversary in 2018, explains Undine Jänes, CEO, Unjo AB.